ABOUT OUR EMPLOYEES
Our employees are screened and trained to provide the best service possible.
You can expect the following from our employees:
- A polite and professional manner and attitude
- Adherence to the Company dress code
- Display proper identification at all times
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Provide their own meals
- Be punctual for all shifts
Clients have the right to:
Confidentiality – All matters concerning your medical and personal affairs are kept in the strictest of confidence.
Respect – To be treated as an individual; with the dignity, respect and consideration you deserve. This includes respect for your personal belongings and affairs.
Communication— Feedback, questions, concerns and suggestions are welcome anytime, via email or telephone.
Freedom from discrimination – Any type of discrimination will not be tolerated, including age, religion, handicap, ethnicity, sex, etc.
Empowerment – You will be encouraged to make choices, to have a voice, to be heard.
Self-sufficiency – To the best of our ability, we will assist you in maintaining your independence.
Responsible care – Provided by compassionate employees that have been screened and trained to deliver outstanding care.
The parties agree that Royalty Care shall have the right to:
- Conduct a client assessment to determine the client needs and services required.
- Contact consult and/or release information to the client’s physician, alternate care providers and other health or social care agencies involved directly with the client.
- Refuse or discontinue service immediately if a client poses a health or safety risk to the employee, is abusive or discriminatory, or refuses to allow the delivery of services.
- To arrange the client’s emergency transportation to a hospital if required.
DEFINITION OF SERVICE AND DUTIES
Home Service employees are not permitted to perform the following duties:
- Administering medications or applying medicated substances of any kind.
- Dispensing medications for the client.
- Cutting fingernails or toenails.
- Transporting bodily fluids of any kind.
- Heavy lifting or duties beyond the scope of light household work – should you require services that do not fall into the scope of the attending worker, please contact us and we can arrange for the desired services with an appropriate provider.
Health Service employees are not permitted to perform the following duties:
- Personal Support Workers (PSW’s) and other designated health care professionals can only perform those duties to which they are trained and fall within their scope of practice.
- Some PSW’s have specialized training, which allows them to perform duties that others with the same designation cannot.
The client agrees to the following:
- To ensure a safe and healthy work environment, including but not limited to pet control and second-hand smoke (if the employee issues a concern).
- Respects the employee’s HUMAN RIGHTS and does not discriminate against the employee for any reason, as per the Human Rights Act.
- All forms, charts and service plans left at the client’s residence are the property of the Company and are to be made available to the employee whenever necessary.
- All forms, charts and service plans are to be returned to the Company upon termination of service.
- Provide all supplies required for personal living, medical requirements, meal preparation and housekeeping.
- Not arrange or modify service with the employee without consent from the Company.
- Not solicit services from an employee of the Company for a period of 1 year following a termination of service.
- Notify the Company of any employee or service concerns.
- Royalty Care is committed to the schedule of care in place however; an ALTERNATE PLAN OF CARE should be in place in case of severe weather or some reason beyond our control that prohibits our attending.
- Any services with Royalty Care must be cancelled 24 hours prior to your service(s) scheduled time. You will be billed for our minimum billing rate if cancelled under the 24-hour window for cancellation. By completing and signing this form you are stating that you understand and agree with these terms.
The client agrees to the following payment terms:
- Charges for services will be conveniently billed bi-weekly.
- Charges for services provided by the employee are billed at the established rate plus any additional authorized expenses. Additional charges may be incurred for: equipment use, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (e.g. gloves, masks), parking, out of pocket staff expenses when providing services.
- Payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. The client agrees to pay for the services promptly.
- Payments can be made by cash, cheque, e-mail transfer, MasterCard or Visa.
- Any services with Royalty Care must be cancelled 24 hours prior to your service(s) scheduled time. You will be billed for our minimum billing rate if cancelled under the 24-hour window for cancellation.
- The Company has the right to discontinue service after 45 days of nonpayment.
- The client agrees to pay Royalty Care 24% annum.
Accounts at 31 days overdue will receive a reminder call.
Accounts at 38 days overdue will have a late fee of $15.00 added to their invoice and will receive an email and telephone call reminder.
Accounts at 45 days overdue will have their services suspended and possibly discontinued at the Company’s discretion.
- There will be a $50.00 fee charged for any cheque that is returned NSF.
- As part of regular services our staff will provide “light housekeeping” allocating less that 35% of time during scheduled visit to this task.
- Holidays are billed at 1 ½ times the regular rate.
- By completing and signing this form you are stating that you understand and agree with these terms